Thursday, February 7, 2008

WInter Wonderland?

We just started February and I am so tired of winter. It has been a weird combination of weather too this winter with thunderstorms and tornados- now what is with that!!! A snow day did help to get some knitting projects done. FInished Charlie Brown socks and most of a dream in color baby sweater PLUS started the first STR socks. I am enjoying those but was surprised to see the dye on my hands after I knit with it. I have red stripes on my fingers :)

My friend and fellow knitster girl, Natalie and I are going to UFO night at Knitting Today. We are having movie night, popcorn and Lucy Neatby flicks and knitting of course! I do have a couple finished projects to show off.

DD, Amanda finished a mitten on her Nifty Knitter. It really turned out quite well. I was having a hard time imagining how it could be done but it it possible. SHe wants to make a scarf from Koigu and I am going to get her the yarn for Valentine's Day. Nothing like yarn to make a girls heart beat faster. Kntting helps break up some of the studying she has to do in engineering school. Beats the heck out of fluids class(whatever that is!)

Hope to sign up for an end of Winter swap- Longing For Spring. Sounds like the thing to cure the winter blahs! Long live spring!

No comments: