Monday, February 18, 2008

Longing for Spring Questionaire

Time to post my questionaire for the longing for spring swap and boy am I longing for spring. It snows too easily around here.

1.Do you knit or crochet or both? for how long? I taught my self to crochet and knit - many, many years ago. I didn't do as much as I would have liked with it when my kids were little but they are grown and I knit daily. I did crochet my wedding dress.
2. What are your favorite yarns or fibers? I enjoy wools, cottons, bamboo, alpaca, soy. Least favorite? Fiber that are rough and scratchy- they hurt my hands to knit them. I love sock yarn.
3. WHat are your favorite colors? I enjoy most colors- love teal,soft yellows,greens,pinks and lavendar. Not a fan of bright orange or dark purple.
4. What "warm weather" project are ytou looking forward to making this year? I have a short sleeve sweater picked out to make from Cotton Classis in a great lime green. ALso a couple of sleeveless shirts- I would like to tackle the Fibonacci tank in Knitting Magazine from last spring.
5. What is your favorite scent? Least favorite? I like fruit scents especially citrus and vanilla. I am not a floral scent person. They give me a headache.
6. What is your favorite flower? I like carnations and lilies
7.What are your favorite springtime hobbies/activites? I enjoy working in the garden. Walking the neighborhood as everything is bloomingand coming alive again. And KNITTING- good for any season!
8. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies? I have mostly perenials in beds and annuals in pots and as accents. My veggie plot is small with a few tomatoes, peppers and squash.
9. What are your favorite sweets? I love chocolate, unfortunately.
10. Do you collect anything? I love lighthouses and do collect things pertaining to them.
11.Any allergies? Nothing big- mild hayfever type.
12.ANy pets? 2 dogs and a guinea pig( on loan from my daughter- I guess I am pig sitting!)

Hope that helps- Looking forward to a fun swap! Jan

No comments: