Friday, September 28, 2007

Monkey Progress and Buggy Salad!!

Long time -no post. I guess between knitting and work I haven't even thought about posting. I decided to do my monkey socks on magic loop. I am very pleased at how they came out. I used Shibui Knits for the first time. I can highly suggest using it. SO very soft, nice twist, no splitting . It is a sock knitters dream.
Took a trip to visit my daughter last weekend which meant lost of good knitting time in the car. We met each other halfway, so it was an easier trip. It sure was hot though in ELizabethtown,Ky. We all decided to eat lunch at SHoney's. Amanda(DD) and I had the grilled chicken salad. While its was a little small looking, over all was fine. SO I am munching away when a bug about an inch long comes running out of my salad,over the rim of the bowl and into MY LAP. I jumped up and bug scurries across the floor. I was proud of my slef for not screaming but man I was freaked out. I hadn't planned on that much protein for lunch.
We got free lunch and a card for more free meals but really- it will be a long time before I forget that one or eat at SHoney's again.

Back to work- Later JL

1 comment:

Moonlit Goddess said...

Hey there Monkey Pal. Just so you know, I agree I definitely wouldn't be eating at another Shoney's no matter how many free meals they offered.