Monday, January 7, 2008

Cocoa Swap Questionaire

Time to get this questionaire up- I tried the other day but I had a super headache and just couldn't think straight. So here goes-

1. What is your fav way to drink cocoa? Prepared with moo or water? Homemade or store bought. Tea cup or mug. If I were being honest- really honest- I love to add cocoa mix( I confess store bought) to a cup of coffee and add some creamer to smooth it out. It is on of my favorite after work relaxing treats. I am a mug sort of gal- something I can get my hands around and hold under chin to feel that steamy warmth. Ahhhhh!

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream- gooey yummy marshmallows

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? What colors? I love sock yarn- especially and super soft merino wool. Colors are pretty wide open for me- I like variegated types, heathers or solids. Not super fond of solids in orange or purple but any thing else is great.

2. Knit/ Crochet or both- I am a both type person- I definitey knit more than crochet .

3.What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new? I have used double points in bamboo for socks but have started using Addi turbos in the magic loop process for many sock patterns and I love them. I have a couple HiyaHiya circs too( less expensive than Addis). Maybe the Harmony needles from Knitpicks would be interesting. I'm not sure.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions? I think I am good with those things.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your habit ( outside of yarn). I couls use a clipboard or stand to hold patterns. Mine are always falling off my lap(I use page protectors).

6.What is your favorite ' quick knit/crochet' pattern? I think dishcloths are a quick knit item that I enjoy.

Miscellaneous

1. What is your fav thing to do in the winter? I enjoy sitting inside knitting up my winter projects and sipping my favorite warm beverages- tea, coffee and cocoa. Not a cold weather activity type person. I have had back surgery and am afraid of falling in the winter's trecherous weather.

2. What is your fav animal? I have always had a soft spot for penguins. I used to collect them. They are always dressed for a formal occasion after all!

3. Do you get the winter blahs? Yes, Yes a thousand times yes- winter is a bad time for me- Part of the reason I joined this swap is to brighten the dreary Indiana days.

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs? Try to stay busy- take weekend trips , pamper myself with pedicures or facials. Just makes me feel better.

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring? Strange to say but I love the way spring smells. I can't wait to hear the birds and make pans for spring break!!!!

6. What are your favorite treats? Chocolate -of course- nuts, and dried fruit too.

7. What is your favorite board game? I used to love the game Mastermind.

8. Do you have children( furry or human)? I have 2 grown children, 23 and 20 and 2 dogs- Oreo and Scooter. Plus a recently adopted guinea pig ( my daughters) Peanut Butter.

9. Do you have allergies or special considerations your partner should know about? No allergies but not fond of cigarette smoke. SPecial considerations? Hmmm- Consider this winter statistic- 98% of Americans would exclaim "Oh Shit" when sliding off the icy road into a ditch- the other 2% mostly from Wisconsin and Minnesota would say " Hold my beer and watch this" Happy WInter:)

2 comments:

Marigold said...

Yay! Another hot cocoa swap person from Indiana :)

Moonlit Goddess said...

Jan, nice to see a familiar face, so to speak. I learned about the Hot Cocoa Swap from your blog and since I had so much fun with the Monkey Swap I joined. So glad you still like your Monkeys and the Stethoscope wrap. SM